Sunday, July 5, 2009

Her going home outfit my mom bought

My mom was in New Orleans and found a shop that had these little dresses. The lace is from 1972 and was hand made by a lady who is no longer living. The store my mom bought this from was able to purchase some of this hand stitched lace and paired it with linen from Italy. These pictures don't do the dress justice, it's absolutely beautiful. Nick and I will bring her home in it and she'll have some pictures made in it and then I'm going to have it framed and hang it in her room so she can have it when she gets older.

This is the front view of the dress.

Close up of the lace around the neck area on the front.

Front bottom of dress



Full back view of dress


Back of dress, it splits open with a button or two holding it shut at the top


Sorry this one is sideways! I wanted to show the detail of the lace going down the back of the dress.


Matching bloomers (back view)






No comments:

Post a Comment